Radiofrequency ablation in treating benign thyroid tumors is a method of thermally destroying the tumor under the influence of high-frequency alternating current, drying the surrounding tissue, leading to dehydration in the cells and coagulative necrosis of the thyroid tumor gland, thereby reducing the size of the tumor over time.
* Advantages of radiofrequency ablation:
– Highly effective treatment, safe, less invasive.
– Helps preserve maximum thyroid function, less likely to cause complications of burning the wrong nerve causing hoarseness.
– Does not leave scars, highly aesthetic.
– Patients do not need anesthesia, treatment time is short.
– Hospital stay is short, patients can go home for self-monitoring.
– Patients do not need to continue taking medicine after treatment.
* Indications for intervention and treatment of thyroid tumors using radiofrequency ablation
– With tumors measuring 2 cm or more, causing loss of aesthetics.
– When the tumor has complications such as difficulty swallowing, pain, difficulty breathing.
– Treatment of thyroid tumors with radiofrequency ablation is applied not only in treating benign goiter but is also being researched to treat recurrent thyroid cancer in lymph nodes.
* Periodically after 1 – 3 – 6 months, the patient will be re-examined with a specialist for the most accurate and objective assessment results.
* Treating benign thyroid tumors with radiofrequency ablation at TNH, customers enjoy many incentives:
– Experienced, professional and dedicated team of doctors and nurses.
– Reasonable costs, applying health insurance cards, guarantee insurance helps customers save maximum.
– Attentive after-sales service.
– Professional customer care, consulting and support throughout the entire examination period.
– Payment procedures are simple, quick, public and transparent.
– Easy to look up information.
Make an appointment simply and quickly via:
Hotline 1900 8035
Message via Fanpage: Thai Nguyen International Hospital
Message on Website: tnh.com.vn
Book directly through the TNH application